Cedar Mountain ActivitiesAt Cedar Mountain High School, we believe that extra-curricular activities play an important role in the educational development of our students. The activities offered at Cedar Mountain, together with the academic curriculum, provide for a well-rounded education for our students. Studies have shown that students who participate in high school activities have higher grade point averages, fewer discipline problems and greater self-esteem.
We Also Believe that……
- Participation in school activity programs is a privilege and not a right.
- Sportsmanship needs to have a constant presence in all school-based activity programs.
- Students should have an equal opportunity to participate in all activities offered by their school.
- Ethical behavior, dignity and respect are non-negotiable.
- Student participants who choose to be chemically free must be supported.
- Collaborative relationships with parents enhance a school's opportunity to positively impact student success.
- Academic priorities must come before participation in athletic or fine arts activities.
- Positive role models and an active involvement in a student's life by parents and others are critical to student success.
- High school activity programs are designed for student participants, and adults must serve in a supportive role.
- The success of the team is more important than individual honors.
- Compliance with school, community and League rules is essential for all activity participants.
- Participation in school-sponsored activities must be inclusive, not exclusive.
- Ethical behavior, fairness, and embracing diversity best serve students and school communities.